My New Glam Station

15:54

For as long as I can remember, I've always dreamed of having a place where I could sit and do my makeup and I decided to just take the leap and make it happen ! I took the time to do my research and I'm thrilled with the way it turned out !

For the desk, I got it all from IKEA. I bought two sets of the Alex 5-drawer ($120 each) and they have 2 shallow drawers at the top and 3 deeper drawers below. Compacts and lipsticks fit nicely in the shallow drawers and foundations and taller lip glosses fit in the larger drawers. To organise all my makeup inside the drawers, I bought drawer dividers from Daiso. The table top is the Linnmon table top ($49). This is the 1500x750mm size, it also comes in a 1200x600mm size. I also got the Alex add-on unit for some extra storage ($50). 


I got both the chair and cushion both from Target. The chair is a replica ghost chair ($59) and it's actually a lot sturdier than it looks. And I think the fluffy pink cushion ($20) just goes perfectly with it.


I'm probably the most excited about my new vanity mirror. I'd been looking at lots online and eventually found the perfect one by Vanity Chic Mirrors in Springvale VIC. Here's a link to their facebook page and their website should be launching later this month. If you live in Melbourne, this is the address for their showroom where you can go can see them in person (1667-1669 Centre Rd
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3171). They have heaps of different models and in comparison to other brands, these were far cheaper. This model was $369; this is in comparison to another brand where an almost identical mirror was $600.

I picked the frameless white model with 14 LED globes and touchscreen dimmer and on/off switch. At full strength, the globes are very bright and I love how you have the option of choosing what strength light you want.

Touchscreen Dimmer


 I picked the model that also has a double in-built powerpoint and USB charging station. It's a clever idea as you can plug in your hair straightener or blow-dryer or even charge your phone while you do your makeup.


I got these brush holders from IKEA for only $3 each. They're actually supposed to be a plant pot but they do the job nicely.


I love this arrangement so much ! I got the little terrarium from Freedom a while back and the acrylic lipstick holder is from eBay for about $7. The magnifying makeup mirror is from IKEA for $6.


I can't wait to sit down everyday to my new glam station and do my makeup ! It's a really practical yet pretty setup and it didn't break the bank.

You Might Also Like

0 comments