OPI Hawaii Collection Review

13:08

 Hi everyone and happy Friday :)

I have to say that when a package from the gorgeous people at COTY PR  arrived on my doorstep, I got excited. Very excited.

I was even more excited to open the package and saw that it contained shades from the OPI Hawaii collection ! So sit back, grab a cocktail and feel the ocean breeze as you are transported to Hawaii.




All of the shades except for Go With The Lava Flow had a super creamy and easy to use formula. There were no bald patches and they were generally opaque within two - three coats. 


Do You Take Lei Away?

This colour was a perfect very light brown toned nude. It has more of a brown tone to it than You're So Vain-illa and went on really well. With nudes like this, I expect bald patches but this formula was perfect. This colour would be great as a base for nail art or even to wear by its self.






Is Mai Tai Crooked?

This first thing I thought when I saw this colour on my nails was apricot. I found the colour in the bottle to be a bit deceiving. In the bottle it looks like a dusty orange but it's brighter and nicer on the nails.






Suzi Shops and Island Hops

Does this colour remind anyone else of Mod About You? I thought it was doing to be an exact dupe but I compared them there was actually quite a bit of difference in the shade of pink. Anyway it's a really nice colour, probably one of my favourites of the collection. Application was a dream and it just screams Spring / Summer to me !







 Go With The Lava Flow

The formula of this polish is slightly thinner than the others and is less of a creme finish but more like a crelly. It's an pinky / red polish that has a gold shimmer running through it. The name of this polish is very fitting as it just looks like hot lava flowing from a volcano. Very Hawaiian.





Aloha From OPI

This colour is a super bright orangey red that I imagine would look great on any skin tone. Formula was amazing and you could get away with one coat of this polish. It seems a little similar to other OPI polishes like Cajun Shrimp and Red Light Ahead Where? but nevertheless it's a lovely polish that I will definitely wear.







Lost My Bikini In Molokini 
This polish is a lovely medium toned dusty purple. It's quite bright on the nails without being too in your face. I thought it would be quite similar to Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm but it wasn't as jewel toned. I really like this colour and I can see my self wearing it all year round.







That's Hula-rious
 When each OPI collection is released, there is always one particular polish that I need to have in my life. For the Hawaii Collection, it was That's Hula-rious for me. I love any minty green / teal polish and this was no exception. It's more of a pistachio green and it has a slightly dusty tone to it. It needed three coats of opacity and the formula was nice and smooth.




Overall the formulas and application of these colours were amazing and really easy to use. The colours in the collection are fun, bright and definitely remind me of Hawaii. My favourite shades are Suzi Shops and Island Hops, Lost My Bikini In Molokini and That's Hula-rious.

These shades and more from the collection are available for RRP AU$19.95 from selected MYER, David Jones stores and selected salons nationally.


You Might Also Like

0 comments