Rimmel London Matte Velvet Collection Review

13:25


Hi everyone :) It's been a little while since my last blog post so let's jump straight into it !

The lovely people at COTY PR sent me some shades from the brand spanking new Rimmel London Matte Velvet collection. I received a Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet in the shade Orang-Ology and a Matte Velvet Nail Polish in the shade Matte-itude. 


Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet



"The same earth-shattering, pure colour of Apocalips now comes in a splash of a mousse-like texture that quickly sets to a unique velvety matte finish with a flattering soft focus effect." 


 Let me just start by saying that this Lip Velvet was super pigmented ! The shade Orang-Ology is a bright orangey red that's fun and playful. Application was easy and the formula was smooth and creamy. There were no bald patches or build up. However I found that it didn't dry to a fully matte finish which I was a little disappointed with. I also found that in terms of staying power, the Rimmel London Provocalips lasted longer but I like the feeling of the Lip Velvets on my lips better.  


Rimmel Velvet Matte Nail Collection


"Discover a new take and finish on nails. Rimmel introduces new Velvet Matte, the ultimate matte nail collection in the most opulent must-have shades of the season. Who needs shine when you can have nails with real matte-itude?!"



 I really liked this polish. The brush made application a dream with a wide brush that covered the nail fully. The formula was a great consistency that was completely opaque in one coat ! It turns from glossy to matte before your eyes in only 20 seconds or so.  

 



Overall I really loved these samples and I think I'll just have to go and pick up some more of the Velvet Matte Nail Polishes. 

The Rimmel London Apocalips Matte Lip Velvets (RRP $15.95) and Velvet Matte Nail Collection (RRP $8.95) are available from Priceline, Priceline Pharmacy, Chemist Warehouse, Target, Kmart, BIG W, selected pharmacies and selected Coles and Woolworths. 
Have you tried these out? Let me know what you think below in the comments section x

You Might Also Like

0 comments