OPI Fiji Event & Collection

20:34

A little while ago the amazing people at OPI Australia and COTY PR, invited me to the launch party of the brand new OPI Fiji collection ! The launch was at Bondi Beach in Sydney and I had an amazing time. I was able to preview the entire collection while sipping on cocktails and eating canapes; #heaven !



I got to meet so many amazing people ! L-R in the photo below is Shaz (@shazroseto), Maria (@so_nailicious), Kimberly (@nailedbyk) and Ashleigh (@missashleigh). If you don't follow these lovely ladies already, you're definitely missing out !



Ok so now for the collection. The collection consists of 12 shades that are inspired by the beautiful scenery of Fiji. The shades come in both the normal lacquer range and the Infinite Shine range. Also, the Infinite Shine range has been re-developed to provide longer wearing, high shine colour.


Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon
This is a beautiful light pink shade. It reminds me of Suzi Shops & Island Hops from the Hawaii collection. I had a little bit of trouble with patchiness but it looked pretty opaque after three coats.




Polly Want A Lacquer
I found this colour a bit hard to photograph accurately. It's a really pretty soft lilac shade that is cooler in tone. I didn't have any issues with formula with this shade and it was opaque in two coats.



 
Two-Timing The Zones
This shade is a very bright Barbie pink. It has a slight dusty tone to it but overall is a fun, young colour. The formula was a little but patchy but it wasn't too bad.




Living On The Bulla-vard!
I'd say that this shade is a brighter version of Cajun Shrimp. It's a really nice, bright colour that's just perfect for summer. Two thumbs up from me !




No Tan Lines
Hmm not too fond about this shade. It's sort of an apricot/mandarin colour and it just doesn't do anything for me. I feel it would look good on oliver or darker skin tones.




Exotic Birds Don't Tweet
Again, this shade isn't one I would choose to wear. For some reason, I just really am not a yellow person. But that aside, this shade is a bright yellow that would look fabulous on darker skin tones.




Is That A Spear In Your Pocket?
This shade is a really nice dark emerald colour. It reminds me of Stay Off The Lawn from the OPI Washington DC collection. The formula was fabulous, no complaints for this one.




Suzi Without A Paddle
As always, light blue shades will always be my top pick from a collection. This colour is soft, pastely and so pretty ! I did have some issue with the formula as it was a bit patchy and took a little while to level out. It was opaque in three coats.




Super Trop-i-cal-i-fiji-istic 
Not too sure how I feel about this one. It's a sheer shimmery blue and would look really pretty as a topper over another colour. To wear on its own though, it's a bit sheer for me. I did four coats and I still had a visible nail line.




Do You Sea What I Sea?
Love this shade ! It's a royal blue colour that went on like a dream. The formula is really creamy and wasn't patchy at all. Winner winner. 



 
Coconuts Over OPI
If you're a fan of nude polishes, you'll love this one. It's more of a grey/brown based nude but is sophisticated and elegant. It was a little bit patchy on the first but evened out after a second coat.




I Can Never Hut Up
This shade is really unusual and unique. It's a cool toned grey with a green/gold shimmer running through it. The formula on this one is pretty good and evens out well.




Overall, I really like this collection. Its all about beaches, sunshine, cocktails and fun ! And these shade names are just great ! My picks of the collection are Suzi Without A Paddle, Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon and Living On The Bulla-vard. This collection is available in both normal lacquer and Infinite Shine from Myer, David Jones and selected salons nationally.





You Might Also Like

0 comments