OPI Brights 2015 Collection Review

14:04

With this horrible weather we're having at the moment, I was in dire need of some bright nails and lucky for me, this came in the form of OPI's new Brights collection. These polishes were delivered to me by COTY PR and I can't wait to share these gorgeous polishes with you! The collection has 6 polishes with one of them (On Pinks and Needles) not being part of the Australian collection. Overseas they also re-released two polishes (Life Gave Me Lemons and Down To The Core-al) and Put A Coat On as part of the 2015 collection.


I STOP For Red
This is a super bright red that will definitely make people stop and look ! It has less of a creme formula but it's more of a jelly. I needed about 3 coats for an opaque finish but it's super glossy and even though I have quite a lot of reds that are similar to this, I can see this being one of my favourites.



Can't Hear Myself Pink!
This bright pink reminds me of Go With The Lava Flow from the Hawaii Collection released earlier this year. It has a metallic shimmer through it and this comes through nicely on the nail. When I did the first coat, it was really sheer and I thought it was going to take a lot of coats to reach full opacity but it was pretty much opaque by the second coat.



I Sea You Wear OPI
I feel like this polish is basically a blue version of Can't Hear Myself Pink! and I prefer this colour more.  It's a mid-blue that reminds me of Teal The Cows Come Home except darker and would be really nice layered with other colours.



My Car Has Navy-gation
I love this colour but unfortunately the formula is tricky to work with. It definitely has a jelly formula that's a bit gloopy on the first coat but evens out on the second and third coat.  



The Berry Thought Of You
This is a darker shade of pink that's almost magenta. The formula of this polish is a crelly and was opaque in 3 coats. When I swatched it, I put it over Put A Coat On! to try and get a more vibrant colour but I found that this really affected the drying time. However it is still a gorgeous colour and I don't have many colours like this in my collection.



Put A Coat On !
I like the idea of this and it's essentially a white undie to make polishes brighter. It's like a thicker, more opaque version of Alpine Snow and was completely opaque in 2 coats.



I really like this collection however I feel like the Brights 2014 collection had a wider range of colours. This collection is mainly reds and pinks so if that's your thing then you'll love it. The formulas could be a little easier to work with but they're not horrible and the colour pay off is worth it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments