Nail Polish Shevles

13:30

Hi everyone, hope you're having a fantastic weekend !

Recently I shared my brand new nail polish shelves on Instagram and I thought I'd do a blog post on how I made it and how it's organised.



I've been wanting to reorganise my nail polish collection for a long time and I've always wanted to be able see all of my colours and brands clearly. My collection was previously in a set of drawers and I was fast filling them up.

My dream was to have a giant nail polish rack and I had a look online and I found ones that stored around 100 bottles for $200 which seems ridiculous to me as I would need to get 3 or 4 = $$$$$.
There was no way I could afford that so I started researching how to make my own. Luckily my dad is pretty handy with carpentry so he helped me out a lot. The total cost of making the shelves would have been around $100 and considering the size of them, I think it's pretty cheap.

I got the timber from Bunnings Warehouse and it was pre-primed. The timber only had to be cut for the shelf length and vertical pieces but the depth was perfect so that didn't need to be cut.  We then sanded it and put it together using dowels and glue. We painted it using spray paint (I used Dulux Dura Max enamel spray paint in the colour in Vivid White Gloss) and once it was dry, we screwed to the wall.

Here's the shelves against the wall


The finished shelves are floor to ceiling so they're about 2.5m tall and have 20 shelves. It stores pretty much all of my collection (around 300 polishes) with 2 free shelves. It's the first thing I see when I walk into my room and makes me so happy.


I've organised my polishes by brand and then by colour. I just get so much satisfaction out of seeing the same bottle caps grouped together.

Top: BYS, B&C Co, Bottom: Sportsgirl, Natio, ORLY

Essie, Toy, Rimmel London
China Glaze
Sally Hansen Triple Shine
Sally Hansen Triple Shine
OPI
OPI
OPI
OPI
OPI
Ulta3
Ulta3
Ulta3
Rimmel London, L'Oreal
Nailene, Mode, Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, Color Club, Morgan Taylor etc.

OPI Minis, w7

OPI Minis
Phewf that's a lot of photos. I hope this post helped anyone who is thinking about making their own nail polish shelves or just wanted to check out my collection. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments