Milani is finally coming to Australia!

22:02

I received some great news recently that Milani is finally launching in Australia! That's right, Milani is launching in Priceline in early September and I am so excited.

If you haven't heard of Milani before, it's an affordable, drug-store LA based brand that was created for all ethnicities, backgrounds and ages. All products are cruelty free, PETA certified and a range of products are also vegan. I picked up some products when I was travelling in the USA and have loved them ever since. I was very kindly sent a generous package by the team at Milani Aus to try out some of their products before they hit the shelves. I don't have price information for all of the products but let's jump straight into my thoughts:



Conceal and Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation
Shade 01 Creamy Vanilla
Along with their Baked Blush in Luminoso, this foundation is one of Milani's top selling products. This foundation is apparently a "one-step liquid foundation and concealer that delivers long-lasting full coverage that evens out skin tone". It apparently features a "lightweight, full coverage, oil-free and water-resistant formula in a no mess, no drip pump dispenser and is suitable for all skin types and tones". Upon trying the foundation, I can see why people love it! It had a nice, medium-full coverage that looked very natural on the skin. The finish looked really natural with a little bit of glow. It lasted really well throughout the day and didn't separate or go all funny in my oily areas. Big yes from me! It's available in 22 shades for $24.95. I do wish that the shade range was a bit more extensive but I saw that in the US, it's available in 45 shades so hopefully they release the extra shades soon.  


Conceal and Perfect Shine Proof Powder
Shade 02 Nude
This powder is apparently a multi-tasking miracle worker that can be worn alone or over foundation. The Milani website says that it's a "luxurious lightweight mattifying powder is blended with Lily extract to tighten pores and keep skin fresh". It also has Bamboo powder to absorb excess oil. My first impressions of this powder is that it feels really lightweight and smooth. It mattified my skin nicely and didn't make the undereye area look dry or crepey. It kept me shine-free for hours, didn't look cakey and locked my foundation in for the whole day. I did get some fallout in the pan but nothing major. It comes with a flat sponge/puff for easy application on the go. It's being launched here in 4 shades for $26.99 however it's available in the US in 10 shades so like the foundation, hopefully they extend the range here.  


Conceal and Perfect Longwear Concealer
Shade 120 Light Vanilla


This concealer claims that it's a longwear concealer with a creamy formula that's water resistant and full coverage. Upon application, I found it really creamy and blendable. It didn't look dry or cakey under the eye and lasted well throughout the day. It has a great doe-foot applicator and the formula reminds me of Tarte Shape Tape. It's also a vegan formula that contains Vitamin E for hydration. It's available in 10 shades for $24.99.  


Cheek Kiss Liquid Blush
Shade 110 Nude Flush
I was really intrigued by this blush! I'd never really used a liquid blush before, only creams and powders. The formula reminded me initially of a gel formula as it felt really lightweight and smooth. It applied really nicely to the cheeks and didn't lift or disturb my makeup underneath. The colour built up nicely and gave a sheer, flush of colour to the cheeks. It would be perfect for just a touch of colour or for a 'no-makeup makeup' look. This product is also vegan!


 Baked Blush

Shade Luminoso
As I said earlier, Milani is probably best known for their Baked Blush in Luminoso and after using it for years, I can see why. The formula is buttery soft, easy to blend and pigmented! They're one of the nicest blushes I've used before and all of the shades are absolutely gorgeous. A fun fact about these blushes is that they all have been sunbaked on Italian terracotta tiles! The shade Luminoso is the perfect peachy, pink with a really nice glow. They've changed the packaging since I originally purchased it a few years ago. It originally included a mirror and a small brush in the packaging and they've removed that in the current packaging. It doesn't make a huge difference for me as I don't normally use the included brush. The Baked Blush range is available in 7 shades in a range of satin and shimmery finishes for $19.95.  


Baked Bronzer
Shade 05 Soleil
Similarly to the blushes, the Baked Bronzers are wonderful. They have the same pigmented and blendable formula and apply like a dream. The two shades I have (04 Glow and 05 Soleil) are a beautiful marbled finish in the pan and they make me feel like I've been on a holiday in the sun! These bronzers remind me of the Hourglass bronzers and are also vegan. Similarly to the blushes, they also have the updated packaging with no brush or mirror. Love them!  


Baked Highlighter
Shade 120 Champagne D'oro
This highlighter is so fantastic! The formula so smooth and buttery and blends so well. Like the blushes, the highlighters are baked on Italian terracotta tiles for the perfect formula. The shade I tried here is 120 Champage D'oro and it reminds me of ABH x Amrezy. It's the perfect soft gold shade that looks great on my fair-light skin tone.  


Gilded Ember Hyper-pigmented Eye and Face Palette

Gilded Ember Hyper-pigmented Eye and Face Palette
This eyeshadow palette is a 11 pan eye and face palette that's a mix of metallic shimmers, mattes and duo-chromes. The colour story is inspired by the 2019 Pantone Colour of the Year, Living Coral. The 2 larger shimmer pans worked so well as a highlighter and the shimmers and duo-chromes were insanely pigmented. The packaging feels quite lux for a drug store brand with embossing and a good sized mirror. So fantastic!  


Ludicrous Lip Gloss
Shade 120 She's All That
I really liked these glosses! The formula felt lightweight but not too sticky and were so glossy and shiny. The formula reminded me a little of the Fenty Gloss Bomb. I tried out the shade She's All That and it was the perfect nude gloss with a really nice, subtle shimmer. It feels hydrating and smooth on the lips and applied really well over lipstick.  


Make It Last Setting Spray Prime + Correct + Set
Another one of their bestsellers is their setting spray and I can see why! The mist was really fine while also being lightweight, not sticky, greasy or tacky. I also liked that it didn't leave big dots or spots behind on my base. It reminds me of the MAC Fix+ as it primes the skin and sets makeup all day.  


Colour Statement Lipstick
Shades 89 Naked and 05 Red Label
I was really intrigued by the formula of these lipsticks. They felt really smooth during application and didn't ball up or pill on the lip. I found the scent quite surprising, it reminded me of a Lipsmacker/watermelon scent. The finish of these lipsticks definitely is more a creme finish and it looks quite glossy on the lip too. I don't think they'll have long staying power because they are so creamy so if you're looking for a really long wearing lipstick, perhaps the Amore Matte Lip Creme or the Bold Colour Statement Matte Lipstick will more your speed.  


Precision Brow Pencil


I really like this pencil; it gave good, lightweight colour and fine strokes. It felt creamy and was easy to apply. I didn't have to press heavily or drag it across my brow to get product payoff which is great. It is also double ended with a spoolie which is super convenient. The packaging maybe felt a little light and on the cheaper side but that's definitely a minor point.




Overall I loved everything that I tried and I am beyond excited that Milani are launching in Aus. I think they'll fit really well in Priceline and the Australian market. From the pricing information I have on some of the products, the prices seem to be reasonable and comparable to other brands in Priceline such as L'Oreal, Maybelline and Rimmel London. In comparison with the US, the prices seem to be a bit more expensive but still are at an good price point. I can't wait to see Milani hit the shelves here and for you all to give their amazing products a go!

You Might Also Like

0 comments