OPI Starlight Collection Review

21:41

With Christmas just around the corner, OPI have released their new Starlight Collection. The whole collection has a glittery and shimmery feel with deeper colours and golds and silvers. Bring on Christmas I say ! The people at COTY Pr are always so generous and this time is no exception. They sent me 12 polishes of the 18 piece holiday collection. So let's get stuck into it !




Love Is In My Cards
This is such a gorgeous red, the photo doesn't do it justice ! It's completely opaque in two coats and is the perfect red for my skin tone; I'm already wearing it on my toes !


Ro-Man-Ce On The Moon
In comparison to Love Is In My Cards, this is a deeper red and has a micro-shimmer running through it. It's a really nice shade and very Christmasy to me.


Comet Closer
This shade is a sort of a greenish tinged gold that has a textured finished. Not my favourite of the collection but it's still a nice shade nonetheless.


Guys & Galaxies
This is such a gorgeous deep burgundy and has a super glossy finish. This shade would look great in the colder months or even during Autumn.


I'm In The Moon For Love
This is a really funky colour. It's a mid purple that's got a fine shimmer running through it. Quite understated and has a really nice finish to it.


Give Me Space
This has to be one of my favourites of the whole collection ! Its a darker blue with a glitter finish but the magic of this colour is that it has so much dimension to it. I got so many compliments wearing this shade and I really didn't want to take it off.


Center Of The You-Niverse
I wasn't so sure about this shade when I swatched it on a swatch stick but it looks so much nicer on the nail ! It has small glitter but also larger flecks of glitter running through it. It evened out nicely on the second coat and is sort of like a dark grey version of Give Me Space.


Super Star Status
I'm loving this shade ! It's quite similar to It's Frosty Outside by OPI which is a silver liquid sand polish and is my favourite to use for accent nails. Super Star Status is a textured glitter polish that has a mainly silver hue but with some gold glitter flecks as well.


Infrared-y To Glow
I normally wouldn't pick up a polish like this myself because glitter toppers aren't my favourite but it didn't look so bad layered over Guys & Galaxies. If you're a glitter kind of person then this polish would be right up your alley.


Let Your Love Shine
Out of the three reds in this collection (Love Is In My Cards, Ro-Man-Ce On The Moon and Let Your Love Shine), this is the darkest shade and has the most obvious shimmer. It reminds me of Every Month Is Oktoberfest by OPI and would be such a good toenail colour.


Ce-less-tial Is More
This shade is such a nice rose gold textured polish. It would look amazing on a darker skin tone or even as an accent nail. So pretty !


Press * For Silver
To me, this is a more rose gold version of This Silver's Mine ! from the 2015 Soft Shades Collection. I found it quite streaky but the colour is really pretty and would look great in nail designs.



Overall I really liked this collection and will definitely be reaching for a lot of these polishes again. If you like metallic or deeper shades that are shimmery or glitter, than this collection is for you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments